Aboelata A. (2020). Vegetation in different street orientations of aspect ratio (H/W 1:1) to mitigate UHI and reduce buildings’ energy in arid climate. Building and Environment, 172, 106712.
- Ahmad, K., Khare, M., & Chaudhry, K. K. (2005). Wind tunnel simulation studies on dispersion at urban street canyons and intersections a review. Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 93, 697–717.
- Bellos, E., Tzivanidis, C., Zisopoulou, E., Mitsopoulos, G; & Antonopoulos, A.A. (2016). An innovative Trombe wall as a passive heating system for a building in Athens-A comparison with the conventional Trombe wall and the insulated wall. . Energy and Buildings, 133, 754–769.
- Bourbia, F., & Boucheriba, F. (2010). Impact of street design on urban microclimate for semiarid climate (Constantine). Renewable Energy, 35(2), 343-347. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2009.07.017
- Bustamante, W., Uribe, D., Vera, S., (2017). An integrated thermal and lighting simulation tool to support the design process of complex fenestration systems for office buildings. Applide Energy, 198, 36–48.
- Buyak, N.A., Deshko, V.I., & Sukhodub, I.O. (2017). Buildings energy use and human thermal comfort according to energy and exergy approach. Energy and Buildings, 146, 172–181.
- Chang, H., Liu, Y., Shen, J.,Xang, C,. He, S., Wan, Z., Jiang, M., Duan, C,. & Shu, S. (2015). Experimental study on comprehensive utilization of solar energy and energy balance in an integrated solar house. Energy Conversion and Management. 105, 967–976. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2015.08.061
- Conceicao, E.Z.E., & Lucio, M.M.J.R. (2008). Thermal study of school building in winter conditions. Building and Environment, 43(5), 782–792. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2007.01.029
- Dussault, J.M., Gosselin, L., & Galstian, T. (2012). Integration of smart windows into building design for reduction of yearly overall energy consumption and peak loads. Solar Energy, 86(11), 3405–3416.
- Georgakis Ch., & Santamouris, M. (2006). Experimental investigation of air flow and temperature distribution in deep urban canyons for natural ventilation purposes. Energy and Buildings, 38(4), 367–376.
- Gugliermetti, F., & Bisegna, F. (2007). Saving energy in residential buildings: the use of fully reversible windows. Energy, 32(7), 1235–1247. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2006.08.004
- Huang, K.T., & Li, Y.J. (2017). Impact of street canyon typology on building’s peak cooling energy demand: a parametric analysis using orthogonal experiment. Energy and Buildings, 154, 448-464.
- Jingjing A, Yan D., Guo, S., Gao, Y., Peng, J., & Hong, T. (2020). An improved method for direct incident solar radiation calculation from hourly solar insolation data in building energy simulation. Energy & Buildings, 227(15) , 110425. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2020.110425
- Leng, H., Chen, X., Ma, Y., Wong, N.H., & Ming, T. (2020). Urban morphology and building heating energy consumption: Evidence from Harbin, a severe cold region city. Energy and Buildings, 224, 110143.
- Li, Z., Zhang, H., Wen, C.Y., Yang, A.S., & Juan, Y.H. (2020). Effects of height-asymmetric street canyon configurations on outdoor air temperature and air quality. Building and Environment, 183, 107195.
- Loughner, C.P., Allen, D.J., Zhang, D.L., Pickering, K.E., Dickerson, R.R., & Landry, L. (2012). Roles of urban tree canopy and buildings in urban heat island effects: Paramterization and preliminary results. Applied Meteorology and Climatology, 51(10), 1775-1793. https://doi.org/10.1175/JAMC-D-11-0228.1
- Mangan S.D, Oral, G.K., Kocagil I.E., & Sozen I. (2021). The impact of urban form on building energy and cost efficiency in temperate-humid zones. Building Engineering, 33, 101626.
- Martin, J.P.S., Garcia-Alegre, M.C., & Guinea, D. (2017). Reducing thermal energy demand in residential buildings under Spanish climatic conditions: qualitative control strategies for massive shutter positioning. Building Simulation. 10 (5), 643–661.
- Martinez-Rubio, A., Sanz-Adan, F., Santamaria-Pena, J., & Martinez, A. (2016). Evaluating solar irradiance over facades in high building cities, based on LiDAR technology. Appl Energy, 183, 133–147.
- Mihai, M., Tanasiev, V., Dinca, C., Badea, A., & Vidu, R. (2017). Passive house analysis in terms of energy performance. Energy and Buildings, 144, 74–86. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2017.03.025
- Mingfang, T. (2002). Solar control for buildings. Building and environment, 37(7), 659–664.
- Mohajeri, N., Upadhyay, G., Gudmundsson, A., Assouline, D., Kampf, J., & Scartezzini J.L. (2016). Effects of urban compactness on solar energy potential. Renewable Energy, 93, 469-482. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2016.02.053
- Mohajeri N, Gudmundssonc A, Kuncklera T, Upadhyayd, G, Assoulinea, D., Kampfe, J.H., & Scartezzini, J.L. (2019). A solar-based sustainable urban design: The effects of city-scale street-canyon geometry on solar access in Geneva, Switzerland. Applied Energy, 240(15), 173-190. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2019.02.014
- Oh, J., Koo, Ch., Hong, T., & Cha S.H. (2018). An integrated model for estimating the technoeconomic performance of the distributed solar generation system on building façades: Focused on energy demand and supply. Appl Energy, 228(15), 1071-1090. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2018.06.119
- Sarralde J.J., Quinn D.J., Wiesmann, D., & Steemers K. (2015). Solar energy and urban morphology: Scenarios for increasing the renewable energy potential of neighbourhoods in London. Renewable Energy, 73, 10-17. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2014.06.028
- Shi, Zh, Hsieha, Sh, Fonseca, J.Aj.a, Schluetera,A. (2020). Street grids for efficient district cooling systems in high-density cities. Sustainable Cities and Society, P:1-14(102224). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scs.2020.102224
- Shishegar, Nstaran. (2013). Street Design and Urban Microclimate: Analyzing the Effects of Street Geometry and Orientation on Airflow and Solar Access in Urban Canyons. Clean Energy Technologies. 1(1), 52-56.
- Steemers, K. (2003). Energy and the City: density, buildings and transport. Energy and Buildings, 35(1), 3-14. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7788(02)00075-0
- 37. Stromann-Andersen J., & Sattrup P.A. (2011).The urban canyon and building energy use: Urban density versus daylight and passive solar gains. Energy and Buildings, 43(8), 2011-2020.
- Vallati, A., Grignaffini, S., Romagna, M., Mauri, L., & Colucci, C. (2016). Influence of street mcanyon’s microclimate on the energy demand for space cooling and heating of buildings. Energy Procedia, 101, 941–947.
- Van Esch, M.M.E., Looman, R.H.J., & De.Bruin-Hordijk, G.J. (2012). The effects of urban and building design parameters on solar access to the urban canyon and the potential for direct passive solar heating strategies. Energy and Buildings, 47, 189-200. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2011.11.042
- Xue, P., Li, Q., Xie, J., Zhao, M., & Liu J. (2019). Optimization of window-to-wall ratio with sunshades in China low latitude region considering daylighting and energy saving requirements. Applied Energy, 233–234, 62–70. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2018.10.027
- Zhang, j., Xu, L., Shabunko, V., En.Rong.Tay, S., Sun, H., Siu.Yu.Lau, S., & Reindl, T. (2019). Impact of urban block typology on building solar potential and energy use efficiency in tropical high-density city. Applied Energy, 240 (15), 513-533. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2019.02.033